need more hours in a day

just a little more you need to know about me everyday...

Saturday, April 26, 2008

an amazing kid- i mean young lady!


today is a day of reflection... bear with me. so, today i chose to use my blog as a tribute to the gal in my life that's on the verge to becoming a young woman. oh my... that's sounds so weird to say. in actuality this is our baby. well, not my baby, but well, she's as old as todd and i have been together. i remember picking my aunt up from the hospital. i was so nervous driving that little bundle home. this new life was in my inexperienced driving hands! well, obviously they got to their destination.
k, this story is gonna end up way longer than i intended if i start that far back. quick summary: she attended my grad and came out on the dance floor when todd and i had our first dance. oh yes, i remember the whispering... ya people- i had a baby. and the whole time you saw me walk around town, no belly protruding and you all saw me out on the court! geez! she is the first baby that i ever saw todd hold. tugged right at my heart. he didn't even mind babysitting the munckin!
ok, so here we really are. the pudgy cheeked pooper that once walked around telling people she went to speech werapy - too adorable- turning into a- ok i can't say it again. i can't type in woman. young lady. i can handle that. she has been there for me and helped out with our kids anytime we ask. and i know that they are in such capable hands. she watches over them as if they were her own. i find such peace with that. i know she will be a great mother- when and the big word is WHEN her time comes. i hope she hears that. although, i know i don't have to preach at her anymore. she's got it. she knows what path her life is meant to travel on. have i mentioned that she has a super good head on her shoulders too? well, in my opinion, she does. now i know there's probably secrets out there that could come back to haunt her as i say this, but in my life and my eyes she's a dang good kid! life has brought some pretty uncontrollable obstacles along the way for her. i don't need to get into details, but she knows how she's done it. if i haven't said it before, i will say it now: I AM PROUD OF YOU, ROBYNN. i wish i could say it to you, but you know i'd cry and all that mushy stuff. heck, i am now! wait a sec... need a kleenex. she knows a hard days work, has compassion for all of god's creations, and understands the world.
her graduation is coming upon us. she will turning that corner in life. that's a huge accomplishment to reach that point in your life. congratulations to her and her mom and joe for helping to get her to that point. the next chapter begins and i can't wait to keep reading her story.

this is to you my dear girl.

3 Comments:

Blogger Deenna Nelson said...

Ahh...cute post! What a pretty girl...and obviously great with the kids by the looks of the pictures! Love the last on..hehe

9:20 AM  
Blogger Brittany Drader! said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:16 PM  
Blogger Brittany Drader! said...

hey shawna, please check your emails, massagemom! I believe that you sent my fiance a dirty email so I need some explaining! I'm sure you know who i'm taking about, Fra....yeah you know. So email me back your explaination!If you need the copy to refresh your memory, I have it!

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home